With my MTNA/WMTA/MMTA affiliations, the students in the Studio have many performance opportunities. Many of the students participate in the WMTA District Auditions and a few move on to the state competition, the WMTA Badger Competition.
The local association also hosts three performance opportunities each year:
• Fall "Themed" Festival
• Fall Composition or Improvisation Festival
• Young Musical Stars Concert held at the local performance venue -- the Stephanie Weill Center in Sheboygan
Piano lessons can be a very solitary “sport.” Partially because of this, the Studio has group lessons which are held 8-9 times a year. These include performance master classes, music history and theory. The final group lesson of the year is a presentation the students give to their parents of their favorite pieces and what they’ve learned that year.
* Holiday Party in December
* Spring Recital in March or April
* Group lessons
* MMTA Local performance Festivals (optional)
* WMTA District Auditions (optional)
* WSMA Solo/Ensemble Festival (optional)